Monday 4 April 2011

What is in a name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet." - W. Shakespeare

Not really true when it comes to blogging though. First of all, they haven't invented scratch and sniff blogs (yet) and, secondly, if it's not working you've got to change it. So I did. And it may change again, because that's how I work, I'm afraid. 

You have no idea how torturous the process of naming my two children was. Seriously, every waking moment was shared with a conveyor belt of names whizzing round my head with a little woman at the end emptying them into factory trolleys labelled 'common' / 'pretentious' / 'daft'/ 'cruel' / 'already taken' and so on. Fortunately, when born and their names chosen, this eternal label instantly became part of their very being, and very difficult to imagine then without it. I  pretty much thought that would happen with the blog as well. Unfortunately, changing your blog doesn't cost 42 quid and require a mammoth amount of forms, (I looked into Deed Poll just in case) it's just a quick click and re-type  - which means I'm going to be rubbish at this consistency thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment